Sunday, June 1, 2014

Shanghai, China - Final stop


--Há uma versão em português logo abaixo--


After a year, 18 countries and around 14.000km (8.700 miles) cycled, I'm officially ending my trip.

I had been working on something that would have given me the chance to keep going for another year, but life has its own way and things didn't work out.

This is something that, of course, doesn't give me the right to complain at all - it's been a great year and, for sure, the experience of a lifetime that, I know, will stay with me forever.

I'll be forever thankful for everything I had the chance to experience over this year, all the nice places I've been and all the wonderful people I met on the way.

On my first post I wrote: "I really want to have the most amazing experience of my life, and even though I have my fears, ghosts, and limitations I’m convinced I have nothing to lose and so much to gain."

Now I can say for sure I've really lived the most amazing experience of my life, and I'm more convinced than ever that life is exactly what we make it. So my advice will always be: take the risks, overcome the fear and jump into your dreams. The beauty of the unknown always pays off when we are committed to make it count.

I first of all thank God for being an ever-present companion and I also thank you all for joining me at some point. Thanks to my family and friends for their support, the hospitality of my CouchSurfing friends, the people who helped me with the blog, and everyone else who, with big or small gestures, became part of this story along the way - and definitely won't be forgotten.

I always thought that this trip would automatically end when I reached Brazil, but that's not the case. I'm still in China and will be here for the coming months or possibly years. I got a very interesting offer to stay living and working here teaching English to little kids, and I immediately became fascinated by the idea. It's going to be a challenge but I'm really excited about it.


Life is full of crazy surprises, isn't it? Maybe this will be the necessary break for an even greater adventure, who knows?



I will be hoping that this crazy life will bring us together again in the future: in China, Brazil, Holland or any other part of this little world.

May God bless us all.